Editing audio was never my strong suit, so I was a little worried about today. However, the editing program we use is pretty cool. Audacity is a free download, and it allows micro-editing, down to hundredths of a second! We’re editing the practice interviews we conducted in pairs yesterday, and it’s really easy to edit out pauses and “ums.” The only problem I’m having is exporting my file as an MP3, something our fantastic IT is trying to help me figure out. Problem is, I’m a little slow when it comes to programs not working correctly. It just gets me frustrated, which then causes even more problems. Yikes!
On a lighter note, I got to start on my community project yesterday. I’m going to be covering the Columbia Entertainment Company’s production of “The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee.” It’s a great show, and I think it’s going to be great for a multimedia project. Last night, I got to meet the cast and the directors, and they let me start taking pictures. I’m so grateful they’re allowing me all this access, and I don’t want to take advantage of their generosity, so I won’t be posting anything here without their explicit permission. This will be a very exciting project, though, and I can’t wait to see how it turns out!!